Woman With 2 Vaginas (and Her Boyfriend) Talk About Their Sex LifeLifestyle
A woman in her 20s who has two vaginas (and two uteruses and two cervixes) revealed what it's like to live and have sex with a reproductive system, squared, in a viral Reddit AMA thread that recently made it to the front page. The woman, known as NurseryRN, wrote that she found out she had two vaginas when she was 16 and visited the gynecologist. The condition is so subtle she didn't know she had it just on her own.
To shine some light on what it's like to have sex with a woman who has two vaginas, NurseryRN's boyfriend (twicethefunn) hosted his own AMA as well. Here's a spoiler though: Having two vaginas is apparently not all that different from having just one.
1. She can get pregnant in either uterus. Her uteruses are smaller than normal, but she wrote that doctors told her she can get pregnant in either one.
2. No, she doesn't have two separate holes. Her vagina splits off into two distinct vaginas about an inch inside. When asked if he uses a finger for each vagina during foreplay, twicethefunn wrote, "yes that's how it goes down after an inch of being inside her."
3. She'll have to give birth via C-section. Since she has two uteruses instead of one, natural birth would present too many complications. "My uteri are smaller than normal so I am at risk for miscarriage, intrauterine growth restriction (small babies), and premature babies," NurseryRN wrote.
4. She probably can't get pregnant in both uteruses at the same time. "Due to hormones, that isn't supposed to happen but I've read that it's happened before," NurseryRN wrote. "Apparently a woman had one in one uterus and twins in the other uterus."
5. She still only has one period per month. And although doctors told her to use two tampons at a time, she wrote that she only uses one. "I have two fallopian tubes, one connected to each uterus," NurseryRN wrote. "I menstruate once a month."
6. No, her boyfriend does not have two penises. Although that guy does exist. When asked if he has two penises himself, twicethefunn wrote: "Last time I counted there was just one. But I haven't checked in a while and I'm not very good at counting."
7. Her vaginas are slightly different in size. They're side by side, and the one on the left, she wrote, is smaller than the one on the right.
8. She still has a very healthy sex life. NurseryRN wrote that she can only have clitoral orgasms because the septum that separates her two vaginas covers her G-spot, and since her left vagina is smaller than the one on the right, she prefers to have penetrative sex on the right side because it's less painful. But otherwise, she's got a good sex life.
9. You wouldn't know she has two vaginas from just looking at her. The external part of her vulva looks just like someone who has only one vagina, one uterus, and one cervix.
10. Her partner doesn't really notice it when they have sex. Once he's an inch in and has diverted into one of her vaginas, it's like having sex with someone who has one vagina. And as he wrote, all vaginas are different anyway.