STATEMENT of the Parties and Civil Society of the Republic of ArmeniaSociety
The program of ethnic cleansing of Armenians in Soviet Azerbaijan, which began in 1988 and more than half a million people became its victims, has reached its peak. Today, the ability of the international community to protect the inalienable right of every person to live freely in their own homeland is has been challenged. At the moment, the entire people of Nagorno-Karabakh acquired the status of refugees. Such a resolution of the Artsakh conflict cannot be acceptable neither from legal, nor from political or moral point of view. The necessary conditions for overcoming the crisis and for people to return to their homeland are as follows:
- The authorities of Azerbaijan must release all captured and arrested persons.
- The armed forces, police and administration of Azerbaijan must be withdrawn from the entire territory of the former Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region.
- The Lachin corridor should be under the administration of the United Nations.
- The UN-mandated peacekeeping forces must enter the territory of the former Nagorno-Karabakh Republic and be deployed on its borders.
- In order to reorganize the security, rights and freedoms and normal life of the people in Nagorno-Karabakh, an administration formed by the United Nations must act.
Obviously,the enforcementof these preconditions would enable both the return of the refugees and the final settlement of the conflict through peaceful negotiations.
We call President of the European Council Charles Michel, President of France Emmanuel Macron and Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz during the meeting between the Prime Minister of Armenia and the President of Azerbaijan scheduled for October 5 in Granada, Spain,consistently defend the subjectivity of Nagorno-Karabakh and this agendaof achieving peace, without violence and coercion, preserving human rights andfreedoms.We are sure that the EU, France and . We are sure that the EU, France and Germany have great opportunities to help Armenia and Azerbaijan achieve a dignified and lasting peace.